Post written at the end of the fifth day of the trip, August 17
Whew! Long day.
I was up at 6:20 AM for early morning prayer with the Beza staff and didn’t get home from dinner until 11 PM.
I’m having trouble trying to pick a highlight for today. It was a great day focused on continuing to build the relationship between NCC and Beza. For me this included…
- Having breakfast with Dr. Betta, the head of Beza International Ministries and an incredible man with an incredible story.
- Giving a homily at Beza’s staff prayer service.
- Visiting one of Beza’s small groups. In fact, it was the same one I went to last year when I was here.
- Eating an incredible hamburger for lunch.
- Walking through the back streets of Merkato, the largest open-air market in Africa.
- Buying furniture.
Okay, so those last three weren’t really about relationship building so much as fun.
Tomorrow we head out to a camp near Debrezayit with the Change boys. I expect spending two and a half days living with the boys will be both challenging and rewarding. We’ll likely be writing some reflections each day while we are there, but it is less likely that we’ll actually be able to post them until we get back.
Until then, ciao!